Recipies with black bean
|Feijoada Completa - Brazilian Meat and Bean Stew||Easy||307.4||Cabernet-Sauvignon||Saveurs du Monde|
|Veal Crépinettes with Potato Cakes and Bean-Cassoulet||Average||193.1||Zinfandel||Saveurs du Monde|
* This information is for illustrative purposes only. Your cooking techniques and products used can significantly change the nutritional values of your recipe.
Popular in India and Brazil, this herbaceous annual plant ranges from 20-90 cm in height and produces fuzzy pods 4-7 cm long. There can be 4-10 seeds in each pod: small, oval, slightly kidney-shaped, somewhat square at the ends and, as their name indicates, usually black, although there are also gray, green, brown varieties, etc.
- Calories: 345
- Protein: 20 - 24 g
- Fat: 1 - 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 - 65 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Rich in calcium, iron, potassium and vitamin B
Cooking and The Worldwide Gourmet
In flavor and texture, they're tender with a slight mushroomy note.
- In Asia, they're a staple in black bean sauce
- Don't be surprised by the black color of the water!
- They require 1 1/2 to 2 hours cooking